Dr. (Mrs.) N. M. Wickramage
Full Name : Dr. (Mrs.) N. M. Wickramage
Current Position : Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics, University of Ruhuna, Matara.
Office Address : Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna, Matara 81000, Sri Lanka
- PhD - University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka and CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
Thesis Title : Study and characterization of RPCs for CMS detector and measurement of the transverse momentum distribution of Z bosons in Drell-Yan process decaying to dimuons in
proton-proton collisions at the center of mass energy of 8 TeV in CMS experiment at LHC.
- B.Sc (Physics Special) – University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka
Senior Lecturer 2013 - to date
Probationary Lecturer 2005 - 2013
Temporary Assistant Lecturer 2004 – 2005
Temporary Demonstrator 2003 – 2004
High energy Physics
Awards & Fellowships
1. Vice – Chancellor’s Award – The Most Outstanding Young Researcher in 2015.
2. President’s Award for Scientific Publication in 2014.
3. President’s Award for Scientific Publication in 2013.
4. Awarded the “Wasantha Mohotti memorial gold medal” awarded by Dr. J. E. Mohotti for the student who scored the highest marks at the Physics Special Degree Examination in 2003.
5. Obtained STEP fellowship from International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy in 2007, 2009, 2010.
6. Awarded RTFDCS fellowship from Centre for Cooperation in Science & Technology among Developing Societies (CCSTDS), India in 2008.
7. Obtained NSF Overseas Special Training Programme (OSTP) Scholarship in 2012 and 2016
Publications: Index Journals
Conference papers and Abstracts
1. Investigation of artificial Molecular thin film arrangements for renewable energy devices, C.A.N. Fernando, N. Wickramage, Proceeding of the 2nd Science Symposium, University of Ruhuna
in August 2004.
2. Enhanced Dye Sensitized Photocurrent by Interlocked Langmuir-Blodgett Dye Films, C.A.N. Fernando, N. Wickramage, Proceedings of SLAAS, 2004.
3. Study of the Impact of Environmental Parameters on the Operation of CMS RPCs, Y.Assran, S. Colafranceschi, A. Sharma, N. Wickramage, Proceeding of the Nuclear and Particle Physics
Divisional Conference, UK, 2011.
4. An Investigation of the dependence of the CMS RPC operation on environmental parameters, Y. Assran, S. Colafranceschi, W.A. Doninck, A. Sharma, N. Wickramage, Proceeding of IPRD10
conference, Siena, Italy, 2010. Published in Nuclear Physics B (Proc. Suppl.) 215 (2011).
5. Measurement of the transverse momentum distribution of Z bosons decaying to dimuons in pp collisions at centre of mass energy of 8 TeV, D. Acosta, D. Bourilkov, G. P. Di Giovanni,
A. Kropivnitskaya, K. Mazumdar, N. Wickramage, W.G.D. Dharmaratna. Proceeding of RISTCON 2014, University of Ruhuna, Matara.